Saturday, April 19, 2008

Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

The one issue I go back and forth is abortion. Pro-life or Pro-choice? For most of my life I have been pro-choice, but that’s just because my artsy hippy friends are all pro-choice. But now that I have been off at college and making new friends and making up my own mind, I sometimes find myself very Pro-life. I Googled “partial-birth abortion” the other day, which I would not recommend doing, and I was shocked at what the process was. The day after pill I can maybe understand, but not partial-birth abortion. And that’s what really stops me from liking Obama. His wife Michelle is very Pro-choice and believes in partial-birth abortion very much, which I can just not understand. I’m pretty sure I’m going to end up being pro-life, but right now I’m not sure. And also, I don’t think this world is that great to live in, so why would I want more babies to come into it? It’s easier to be pro-choice, because then I would for sure vote Obama, but I want to really know what I believe in. Unfortunately I don’t think I’ll have all my beliefs figured out by this November. So I have no idea who I will be voting for.

No comments: